Job Title: Clinical Research Technician - Phase I Research - Overland Park , Kansas
Overland Park, KS
Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Clinical Research Technician - Phase I Research - Overland Park , Kansas
In Quintiles' Early Clinical Development, research studies are conducted each year that identify the medicines that will help people live happier and healthier lives. The medical professional who provides care and support for study volunteers are at the forefront of drug development. It's work worth doing. We have an exciting career opportunity for a full time Clinical Research Technician. This position requires variable shift availability including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Perform a variety of clinical procedures to collect data on volunteers enrolled and/or seeking enrollment in clinical studies. Ensure data is collected and processed according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Collect, record, and maintain volunteer screening, check-in and study data according to study-specific protocol and SOPs, ensuring quality control for content, accuracy and completeness. Record, report and interpret findings appropriately to develop study-specific database.
• Prepare for clinical trials by organizing and labeling specimen collection tubes and containers, setting up equipment and documents and planning logistical activity for procedures as per study protocol.
• Perform a variety of medical procedures such as venipuncture, collection of vital signs, height and weight measurements, EKGs and stool and urine collections on study volunteers according to study-specific protocols.
• Monitor volunteer safety and report adverse reactions to appropriate medical personnel.
• Maintain and restock medical supplies as needed. Upon conclusion of study, clean clinical areas and equipment; store equipment as necessary.
• Recruit and screen volunteers for clinical trials and maintain volunteer database.
This is a great opportunity for recent college graduates. Apply now to get on the road to your new career!
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences preferred
Good skill in using MS Windows and Office applications such as Access, Power Point, Outlook and Word
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to pay close attention to detail
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients