Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT - Valencia, CA)
Employment Placement Agencies, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Human Resources, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Writing/Authoring
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT - Valencia, CA)
We are always looking for new talent to join Q2 Solutions. To be considered for a future Medical Laboratory Technician position submit your resume. If your qualifications, experience, and skill sets align with the position requirements, one of our recruiters will connect with you.
Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities.
Working under the supervision of the CLS, perform a variety of routine clinical testing procedures to obtain data for use in clinical trials research.
• Perform routine analysis of patient specimens according to standard operating procedures (SOPs). Evaluate specimen
acceptability upon receipt and during the review of analysis results. Evaluate validity of specimen results against the
algorithms displayed by the lab computer system. Document all corrective actions taken. Perform secondary review of
patient results when required to ensure accuracy of primary result entry.
• Maintain quality control of all laboratory testing to ensure accurate and timely lab reporting.
• Perform pending workload review periodically during the day; find pending assays and resolve outstanding work prior to
the completion of testing for the day.
• Assist in the development and writing of new medical laboratory procedures and techniques.
• Follow safety procedures as per laboratory SOPs.
• Notify appropriate staff of supply shortages.
• Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending in-services and off-site lectures and meetings.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
Qualifications & Requirements
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Associate's degree or educational equivalent in medical technology and 0-2 years relevant experience or equivalent
combination of education, training and experience
• Valid California Medical Lab Technician (MLT) license
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good knowledge of clinical procedures used in the area of responsibility
• Knowledge of good laboratory practices (GLP) and other regulatory agency standards within area of responsibility
• Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and
hazardous chemical handling
• Knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and terminology used in the area of responsibility
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to maintain effective reporting procedures and control workflow
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
• Work is performed in a laboratory environment, full manual dexterity and visual acuity required
• May be exposed to potential physical harm from hazardous chemicals, infectious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, toxic
materials, toxic gases, electrical hazards, dangerous tools and equipment