MS Science & Robotics Teacher
Windward School, a grade 7-12 college-preparatory, independent day school in vibrant West Los Angeles, seeks an experienced and innovative educator to join our Science Department as a Middle School Science and Robotics teacher. Our current opening is for a full time teacher (5 sections) covering sections in 8th grade Science and 7th & 8th grade Coding & Robotics. Our middle school robotics courses use robotics as a means to introduce students to computer science fundamentals necessary to succeed in our upper school program. Specific courses may be flexible and may also change from year to year based on the department’s needs and teachers’ strengths and interests.
Windward faculty and administrative leaders continually seek best practices and educational partnerships to help our students and faculty pursue their passions, engage in cutting edge work, and lead meaningful lives.
Windward’s mission, as a college-preparatory school, is to challenge each student to achieve academic excellence in a nurturing environment. Windward teachers, parents, and administrators work as a team to encourage its students to be responsible, caring, well-informed, ethical, prepared, and well-balanced young adults.
In the Science Department, students and teachers work together to develop a growth mindset, and deepen skills and understandings in critical thinking, scientific reasoning, and problem solving. Laboratory and inquiry-based courses support and challenge students to better understand their own learning processes and to acquire increasingly sophisticated strategies as learners. Teachers in our department strongly value collaboration within the department and with colleagues across disciplines.
This is a great chance to be part of a dynamic, close-knit, independent school culture and community. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
● Medical, dental, vision insurance
● Paid Holidays, Vacation and Wellness days
● Retirement Plan, including up to 6% employer match
● School-paid Life and Disability Insurance
● Flexible Spending Account Plans
● Annual $2,000 FlexCheck
● Annual $2,000 Lunch Allowance
● Access to Peak Performance Center to promote physical and mental health
● Wellness Initiatives
● Employee Assistance Program
● Tuition Remission
● Funds for Professional Development
● Nurturing, supportive and inclusive community
● And much more!
For more information about Windward, see our website: www.windwardschool.org.
To Apply: All interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter of interest via the Application link.
Qualifications & Requirements A successful candidate will:
● Have a bachelor’s degree in a laboratory science or computer science; an advanced degree is preferred.
● Be cognizant of current trends, pedagogy, research, and topics of importance in science education and be willing to apply it in the classroom and share with other teachers
● Participate actively in the life of the school
● Be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
● Be open to professional growth and development
● Communicate effectively with students, parents/guardians, and colleagues
● Have excellent technology skills and experience integrating technology into the curriculum
Windward School is a co-educational, independent, college-preparatory day school enrolling students in grades 7-12. Located in West Los Angeles, Windward draws its student body from the diverse population of Los Angeles.
Windward’s mission, as a college-preparatory school, is to challenge each student to achieve academic excellence in a nurturing environment. Windward teachers, parents, and administrators work as a team to encourage each student to be responsible, caring, well, informed, ethical and prepared, thus promoting the fullest development of the individual.