Director, Student Employment
The Enrollment Management Department has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Director, Student Employment to work in the Coral Gables Campus.
The Director, Student Employment oversees all aspects of the student employment process for assigned division(s) within the University. More specifically, the incumbent provides leadership and mentoring to the student employment staff and empowers students by facilitating employment opportunities. Further, the Director operates with the goals of providing exceptional outcomes for students while ensuring compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Manages all student employment staff
2. Manages all student employment system integrations between WorkDay, CaneLink, PowerFAIDS
3. Oversee the development and implementation of ULearn Student Employment Modules
4. Oversee the administration of the Lead Miami program including the Skill Survey
5. M anage the job creation, assignment, payroll and associated administrative functions
6. Ensure compliance with federal regulations related to the Federal Work Study Program including the appropriate expenditures related to community service and tutoring programs.
7. Ensure student employment staff have the necessary training and resources to troubleshoot issues related to job creation, placement, pay and termination across all systems.
8. Maintain accurate records related to FWS spending to ensure utilization of funds.
9. Designs and maintains an efficient organizational structure for the accounting team.
10. Establishes and enforces internal controls.
11. Ensures the timely and accurate preparation, delivery, and analysis program expenditures
12. Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls wit hin the function and on University policy and procedures.
13. Assist with the support of other Financial Aid functions as needed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelorís Degree in relevant field required, Masterís Degree in relevant field preferred
Certification and Licensing:
Certification in relevant specialty or field
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
Knowledge of business and management principles.
Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
Strong knowledge of financial aid and associated regulations