Our customer team is small but mighty, supporting a fast-growing base of 15,000+ teams with big revenue goals.
We’re looking for a seasoned customer experience manager to lead our team of customer support specialists.
You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management and growth of our customer experience team - we’ll be relying on you not only to mentor and strategically plan, but to roll up your sleeves and pitch in with anything that’s needed from answering complex tickets to writing a help article. You’ll also be working closely with our Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to identify patterns in customer questions or feedback, streamline existing workflows, and to launch new features.
As a part of a small team, you’ll have a BIG impact on daily operations and the growth trajectory of the customer experience team.
What You'll Do
- Day-to-day management of customer support specialists including:
- Mentoring, feedback, and designing growth paths
- Serving as the point of escalation for complex tickets, edge cases, or VIP customers and implementing solutions or next steps
- Coordinating customer support coverage
- Serve as a true product expert both internally for other employees and externally for customers
- Help customers via a variety of channels including email, live chat, and video calls
- Spot and analyze trends in customer questions or feedback
- Surface and prioritize feature requests for the Product team; identify opportunities for non-technical fixes (like help articles) and implement
- Own Help Center development: Identify opportunities and gaps in our content, with a focus on getting started and adopting best practices. Tailor
content to customer needs, focusing on factors such as user type, customer size, industry, use case, and plan type.
- Partner closely with members of the Product and Engineering departments to prepare documentation for new product releases within expected
- Optimize automated messaging to leads visiting the Donut website, including Intercom chat workflows
- Create and implement support resources including SLAs, steps of service, macros, and voice
- Hiring and training new customer support specialists as needed
Qualifications & Requirements About You - Musts
- 4+ years in customer experience including at least 1 year of managing customer support specialists and 1-2 years working at a software/tech
- Empathy + active listening: We love our customers, and know you will too! Curiosity, deep empathy, and patience are all important values in
how we problem-solve for customers.
- Self sufficiency: Our team is small and works independently, so you’ll be successful if you’re able to onboard quickly, research the answers to
questions, and rely on past experience to make judgment calls with little to no hand-holding.
- Based in the USA: This role is remote-friendly, and employees are welcome to work wherever they’d like within the USA.
- Slack proficiency: Donut is a Slack-based product, so experience using Slack in a personal or professional setting will be important for success.
About You - Bonuses
- Experience working with self-serve B2B SaaS
- Expertise in Intercom and Stripe strongly preferred
At Donut we are on a mission to create more trusting, collaborative, and successful work relationships. We believe genuine relationships are the key to being engaged, happy, and successful at work.
Donut came together over a shared passion to help people connect, and the insight that strong relationships at work are the bedrock of a successful team. Employees who feel socially connected to their coworkers express greater individual purpose and fulfillment, less workplace loneliness and isolation, and improved performance and productivity. We are building a company that embodies those ideals while instilling them in others.
Donut has made millions of connections and is used by over 12,000 companies. Donut has raised $12M in venture-funding from investors including Accel, Bloomberg Beta, FirstMark, and Slack Fund: https://techcrunch.com/2020/10/29/donut-watercooler/
Donut is an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity, equity, and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.