Customer Support Specialist
About the Role
Our customer team is small but mighty and supporting a fast-growing base of 15,000+ teams with big revenue goals.
We’re looking for an experienced customer support specialist to help us to answer customer questions and resolve issues that range from questions on pricing to how to launch Donut successfully.
While you’ll spend a large portion of your time working in our customer support platform to answer and resolve inbound customer inquiries, we’ll also be relying on your strategic expertise to: flag bugs, identify patterns or trends that need to be addressed, and to propose changes to automated workflows or our Help Center to better meet customer needs.
As a part of a small team, you’ll make a BIG difference in our daily operations and our customers’ experience.
What You'll Do
- Provide real-time support to customers via chat and email (and occasionally via phone)
- Provide implementation support and guidance
- Work with our engineering team to squash bugs or implement special requests
- Identify patterns in customer inquiries and feedback, and surface to both the customer and product teams
- Optimize automated workflows and self-serve help materials
Qualifications & Requirements About You - Musts
- 3+ years of experience: In a customer support or experience role with at least 1 year in software/tech
- Speed: Ability to answer questions quickly and develop macros if needed.
- Empathy + active listening: We love our customers, and know you will too! Curiosity, deep empathy, and patience are all important values in
how we problem-solve for customers.
- Self sufficiency: Our team is small and works independently, so you’ll be successful if you’re able to onboard quickly, research the answers to
questions, and rely on past experience to make judgment calls with little to no hand-holding.
- Slack proficiency: Donut is a Slack-based product, so experience using Slack in a personal or professional setting will be important for success.
- Based in the USA: We are a remote friendly company, and employees are welcome to work anywhere within the USA.
About You - Bonuses
Experience working with self-serve B2B SaaS
Familiarity with Intercom, Stripe, and Hubspot