Job Title: Research Associate, Pharmacology and Toxicology
South San Francisco, CA United States
Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
Research Associate, Pharmacology and Toxicology
Kezar Life Sciences (NASDAQ: KZR), a clinical-stage biotechnology sciences company located in South San Francisco, is seeking a Research Associate, Pharmacology and Toxicology. The Research Associate will report to the Senior Director of Pharmacology and Toxicology and will work closely with our drug discovery project scientists on early and late-stage lead optimization of novel compounds leading to the nomination of new clinical candidates and furthering mechanism of action understanding of existing compounds. The ideal candidate will be hands on, eager to learn, works well with others, takes direction, balances multiple priorities simultaneously and able to work in a dynamic environment to support a growing biotechnology company.
Kezar is focused on small molecule drug discovery and development to target immune-mediated diseases and cancer. Kezar’s lead product candidate, KZR-616, a selective inhibitor of the immunoproteasome, is being evaluated in Phase 2 clinical trials for the treatment of severe autoimmune diseases. KZR-261, Kezar’s first oncology candidate targeting the protein secretion pathway via the Sec61 translocon, is entering Phase 1 clinical trials in several oncology indications.
• Conduct in vivo pharmacology studies in oncology and autoimmunity
• Establish new animal models as needed
• Perform routine injections (SC, IV, IP and PO) and blood collection
• Present study data at department meetings
• Work both independently and collaboratively with other R&D members in a multi-disciplinary team setting
• BS in life sciences with at least 2 years of relevant experience in industry or academic setting
• Excellent hands-on in vivo skills: IV, PO dosing, tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection
• Experience with xenograft or syngeneic tumor models
• Demonstrated ability to integrate knowledge from literature
• Extensive cell culture experience
• Proficiency in basic data analysis software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, GraphPad Prism) is required
• Excellent communication, time-management/organization, and presentation skills are necessary
• Willingness to work occasional weekends
Founded in 2015 and based in South San Francisco, Kezar (pronounced “keys are”) Life Sciences is combining courage, conviction and cutting-edge science to develop breakthrough treatments for immune-mediated and oncologic disorders – with the hope of helping people overcome their disease and live a better life. We are pioneering first-in-class, small molecule therapies that harness master regulators of cellular function to inhibit multiple drivers of disease via single, powerful targets. We are translating our innovative research in protein degradation (via immunoproteasome inhibition) and protein secretion (via the Sec61 translocon) to have a significant clinical impact in the most difficult-to-treat diseases.