Accounting/Auditing, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Production, Military, Warehousing, Broadcasting/Public Communications, Logistics, Medical
Logistics Admin - Backoffice
What's it like to work at Agilent in Manufacturing? Watch the video"
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
As Logistics Admin - Backoffice you will have to administer, coordinate and/ or improve activities associated with import, export, and/ or third-party logistics services (inbound/ outbound operations) as well as new product/ process prototyping and engineering changes (e.g. enhancement of packaging of finished goods).
You may be responsible for one or more of the following activities:
* Finished goods inventory coordination, traffic/movement of products and/or materials involving third-party logistics providers, shipping/movement of products and/or materials involving customs and documentation. * Resolve and develop approaches to administer distribution/ logistics processes, procedures and services. * Be responsible for logistics assignments that require the use of planning and judgment. * Solve a broad range of distribution administrative problems of varying scope and complexity.
* Simultaneously pick & begin packing orders in proper container/s to prepare them for shipping per trained procedures. * Ensure packages are picked and shipped in a timely manner and processed to the appropriate carrier. * Quality check on all items before they are packaged * Put away released finished good products; transfer from other warehouse locations as vital. * Keep areas clean and safe. * Manage finished goods inventory system at a high level of accuracy. Using warehouse management software manage the location of inventory to ensure proper stock rotation, smooth order picking, and staging activities. * Transfer material from storage or work sites to designated areas both physically and systematically, following proper procedures for inventory control and product preservation. * Consistently perform cycle count, pick pack and ship accuracy at the meets expectations performance level. * May perform other assigned tasks as directed by Lead or Supervisor
* Perform, document and review change controls and investigations within the area of responsibility. * Read written work instructions or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved maintaining product preservation. * Follow policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values. * Maintain a focus on audit readiness and interact with auditors directly as required.
* Higher education or specialized training/certification, or equivalent combination of education and experience. * 2 years relevant experience for entry to this level. * Experience working on special projects related to warehouse and logistics workflow with little to no supervision. * May require Forklift Operator Certification * Experience working with SAP and Radio Frequency scan guns. * Proficiency with all MS Office tools and have strategic data analysis reporting skills. (may be tested)
Nice to have qualifications:
* Shown understanding of applicable regulatory requirements (FDA, ISO 13485 and OSHA). * Knowledge of Quality Systems Process: CAPA, Deviations, Change Controls. * Knowledge of cold chain distribution processes.
* Ability to work cross-functionally and with a diverse group of departments/individuals to achieve business objectives by working collaboratively and professionally. * Must be an experienced multi-tasker, who is a self-initiated problem solver. * Must be able to apply time management skills for working in cross-functional settings to improve processes as they relate to all areas of the department/plant while maintaining compliance at all times. * Assist in optimizing efficiency, productivity, and workflow processes associated with the day-to-day operation. * Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the company and department initiatives. * Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time. * Follow instructions; respond to strategic direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; commit to long hours of work or weekends when necessary to reach goals. * Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; set goals and objectives; organize or schedule other people and their tasks as needed.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those demands that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. * While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hand and arms, sit, climb, balance or stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include accurate close vision, distance vision and depth perception. * Ability to work from elevated places using work trucks and safety equipment. * Must be flexible having to move as needed from desk task to physical task, as well as within the department as needed.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and loud noises. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals requiring steel-toed shoes to be worn at all times while occasionally hard hats and safety glasses. Secures lifting attachments to materials and transfers loads to destination.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.