Computers, Hardware, Computers, Software, Engineering, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Executive Management
Biomedical Technician I
The Biomedical Equipment Technician I (BMET I) provides clinical equipment services under the close supervision of TRIMEDX management. Duties include, but are not limited to, validation and inspection of clinical equipment for completeness, mechanical and electrical safety, and proper operation. The individual also performs planned maintenance inspections, calibrations, and repairs of general biomedical equipment. The BMET I assists other technicians in the troubleshooting and major repair of complex equipment. The individual demonstrates adherence to the TRIMEDX core values in all professional interactions by showing respect to all people, creating real value, initiating meaningful change, and exhibiting integrity.
Technical Service (40%)
• Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections (ESI), and operation verification procedures (OVP) on general biomedical equipment
• Repair, install, and calibrate general biomedical equipment
• Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any customer concerns
• Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery
• Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education
• Assist with Service Operations Special Projects as assigned
Regulatory Compliance (25%)
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
• Adhere to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures
• Responsible for ensuring all service and documentation is complete, timely, and accurate
Account Relationship Management (25%)
• Build and maintain customer relationships
• Discuss equipment status and functionality with clinicians
• Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization(s) served.
• Provide a positive representation of TRIMEDX services by integrating the core values into job performance
Inventory (10 %)
• Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
• Verify the completion of security analysis for new customer equipment
• Performs Incoming Inspections (II) to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
• Make recommendations regarding inventory
Education and Work Experience
• Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military training required
• 3 months experience working with biomedical equipment in a clinical engineering environment preferred
• Valid drivers license required; variable travel requirements depending on primary site that may require use of personal vehicle
• Complex computer skills including the ability to interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, and interpret computer codes required
• Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills"