Project Engineering Manager
As the Project Engineering Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
• Define customer requirements and the conformity of the system to the contractual specifications
• Provide WORK packages to the Centre of Excellence for the project, including client requirements, interfaces, planning, performance, reliability and costs in accordance with what has been sold
• Coordinate and control the interfaces internally, for customers and partners, as defined in the Interface Matrix (DOW)
• Responsible for the risks and opportunities as well as the movement of margin on what is under project scope
• Manage and harmonize technical documentation (including numbering of documents on the use and maintenance of equipment)
• Technical point of contact for customers and external partners
• At the design stage, identify alternatives and optimization opportunities that could impact the design, supplies or site operations, based on the strategy determined by
• Deliver specifications and interface data to the partners (system, turbines, generators and civil engineers)
• Responsible for the validation of schematics and documentation on specific aspects of projects
• Receive and coordinate feedback from the other parts of the process (design, site and client) from the beginning of the basic design to final product approval, also including information on the completed work and leads post-mortems to improve process
• Accept or reject changes in case of deviations from customer requirements or GE standards and manage order changes in conjunction with project management
• Participates in project review meetings, project milestone meetings
• Coordinates support of site activities with the Centre of Excellence
The Project Engineering Manager (PEM) will be responsible for the technical execution of the integration of components and product subsystems for large hydro projects. The PEM be responsible for the coordination of the Product Management, Engineering Centres of Excellence and Project Office functions. The PEM will ensure targeted cost and product performance are met on the technical side throughout execution.
Qualifications & Requirements Qualifications/Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in project execution and engineering design of turbines and generators
Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
• Significant experience in managing in a global matrix Environment
• Strong communication and project management skills
• Proven leadership and negotiation skills
• Team-player, positive & engaged contributor to the team, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs
• Proven analytical skills and strategic mindset paired with strong communication skills
• Relevant experience in planning and management of work-packages
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
• Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited, reference verification and background check
• Must have unrestricted legal authorization to work in the Unites States
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong. By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.