Boston, MA; Denver, CO; or Berkeley, CA, MA United States
Substance Use Disorder Specialist
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is seeking a skilled project manager and trainer to build the capacity of health centers and other organizations to integrate substance use disorder screening and treatment into their practices and work.
JSI is a public health research and consulting firm dedicated to promoting and improving health around the world. This position is with the Health Services Division, which builds and conducts JSI’s work in the U.S. The Consultant will support a range of behavioral health projects with a primary focus on a new project referred to as the Center of Excellence (COE) for Behavioral Health Technical Assistance, funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The COE for Behavioral Health provides training and technical assistance to HRSA grantees to support the integration of evidence-based, culturally and linguistically competent behavioral health services into primary care, with a specific focus on substance use disorder, including opioid use.
HRSA Center of Excellence (COE) for Behavioral Health Technical Assistance
● Provide exceptional training/technical assistance (TTA) related to SUD treatment integration into primary care, which may include webinars, virtual technical assistance, practice transformation coaching, and/or serving as subject matter expert (SME) for other training/technical assistance offerings for HRSA grantees
● Develop and oversee training/technical assistance plans, including curriculum planning, identifying and managing SMEs/faculty, ensuring quality of TTA, and managing budgets for TTA events
● Develop written TTA materials including reports, toolkits, job aids, e-learning curriculum to advance best practices
● Develop capacity of larger COE team related to research and evidence and new directions related to SUD treatment
● Works to develop JSI’s portfolio of projects through proposal writing and partnership development
• Participate as Project Manager or SME on other JSI projects as appropriate
• US-based travel as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements • Master’s degree in human services, social work, public health, or a related field; credentialing or licensing in the SUD field a plus
• At least 7 years experience in the SUD field and an in-depth knowledge of treatment best practices; knowledge of integration of SUD into primary care a plus
• At least 5 years experience providing training and/or technical assistance
• A passion for this type of work and commitment to improving health and health equity
• Demonstrated experience effectively managing and prioritizing a large number of projects and clients simultaneously with competing deadlines in a complex and fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
• Excellent written, oral, and public speaking skills
• Team oriented
● Communicate effectively, respectfully, and professionally with colleagues, clients, and all other persons encountered through work
JSI is a public health research and consulting firm dedicated to promoting and improving health around the world. Candidate can select placement in JSI’s Boston, MA; Denver, CO; or Berkeley, CA offices. Applicants should indicate desired office location.
JSI, or WEI (as applicable) is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.