Job Title: Associate Director of Freshman Recruitment
Azusa, CA United States
Associate Director of Freshman Recruitment
The Associate Director serves in multiple leadership roles in the Admissions Office, including supervision of freshman admissions counseling staff members and in a collaborative context with office management. In addition to the supervision of counseling staff, the Associate Director of Freshman Recruitment is responsible for collaborating on recruitment strategies for continued and increased success of Undergraduate Admissions and other admissions-related initiatives for meeting overall university revenue goals.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 3-5 years of admissions experience or related experience required.
* Provides leadership to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Regularly meet as member of UALT (Undergraduate Admissions Leadership Team) to collaborate on admissions strategies and effectiveness towards meeting university revenue goals and promoting institutional values and ethos.
- Co-lead staff meetings for counseling team, and combined team meetings.
- Evaluates application files for freshman and transfer students to make final admissions decisions for applicants as a designee of the Director, a member of the Undergraduate Admissions Committee.
* Supervise the majority of the freshman admissions counseling staff
- Assist in hiring of all admissions counselors
- Supervise the training of all new freshman counselors
- Supervise student roster progress for assigned counseling staff members
- Assist Director in development and management of counselor communication strategies
* Collaborate with office leadership in regularly-scheduled meetings to increase effectiveness of recruitment, roster management, hiring and training processes.
* Recruits prospective students through group presentations, college fairs, personal interviews, campus tours, phone contacts and written correspondence.
- Plans and coordinates recruitment trips to assigned territories
- Moderate out-of-area recruitment travel during fall recruitment season
- Weekend registration travels during spring recruitment season
* Maintains regular contacts with students on assigned roster to assist with completion of the application process to include:
- Phone and emails communication to applied, accepted, and confirmed students and parents. Provides financial aid estimates and discussion regarding offer of financial assistance.
- Provides counseling for academic coursework and provides students with a class schedule at varying events.
- Brings closure to student files with one of the following results:
(a) Acceptance of financial aid offer, tuition deposit and first bill payment.
(b) Cancellation of file.
* Assists student applicants with financial aid, application procedures, and pre-registration/ registration procedures and with any on campus departmental scholarships for which the applicant may be eligible.
* Evaluates application files and makes preliminary recommendations regarding the admission decision for applicants in assigned geographic area.
* Interfaces as necessary with various offices on campus to facilitate information regarding student files and admission decisions.
* Participates in on-campus admissions events involving student recruitment and registration.
* Assists in advising all undergraduate majors and answers advising questions posed by faculty advisors, students and staff during registration.
* Assists in the advising of students for all majors and collaboration with faculty during registration.
* Evaluate current practices and protocols for effectiveness and propose changes to the Director as appropriate
* Perform consistent quality control inspections of all counselor correspondence
* Collaboration with departments around campus when appropriate, specifically with assigned committees
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs
* Projects as assigned by the Senior Director or Director of Recruitment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* High levels of knowledge of computer generated databases, spreadsheets, and word processing programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Comfortable with self-teaching and mastery of new technology, including Google Apps to be implemented for improved business processes
* Self-management/organizational skills.
* Availability to do moderate travel.
* Ability to work independently, present self in a professional manner and reflect the goals and standards of APU.
* Ability to keep confidential information
* Ability to communicate goals, instructions and encouragement to staff members and student employees, and to provide accountability towards optimal performance.
* Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
* Ability to kneel, crouch and reach to file student files in fireproof file cabinet.
* Communication with others, requires face to face and phone with good phone skills.
* Walking to various locations on campus.
* Ability to lift 10-20 lbs. occasionally.
* Computer literacy, with high levels of proficiency in Google Apps., Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Comfortable with Oracle and Salesforce platforms.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.