* Five to seven years of experience, university experience preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Evaluates and verifies that all graduation requirements have been met.
* Posts degrees to permanent academic record.
* Manages the workflow processes and timeline related to the recording of graduate/professional student grades, including data entry, assignment of duties as needed, and communication with instructors.
* Support, affirm, and sustain the beliefs, values, and mission of the university in all facets of one's role and through the university's daily living expectations.
* Works with Associate and Assistant Registrars to create, update and maintain accurate Graduate and Professional Registrar forms.
* Uses in-person appointments, e-mail and telephone to explain academic policies related to program requirements, general education requirements, grading, and graduation to students, faculty, and staff.
* Coordinates grade change workflow processes for all graduate and professional student records.
* Maintains open and appropriate communication with faculty, deans and students regarding incomplete policies and practices. Records and tracks incomplete contracts.
* Provides Degree Verification Letters upon request.
* Assists students with understanding general education requirements and policies, Transfer Inquiry Forms or Transfer Evaluation forms, and evaluates and posts transfer/substitution work as needed.
* Informs the Assistant Registrar of problems related to student academic records.
* Assists with Commencement planning and execution, and is required to work all commencement events (Winter and Spring) of each calendar year.
* Maintains and adheres to all FERPA regulations, federal, state and institutional guidelines and standards, complying with all federal, state and institutional regulations and following all Azusa Pacific Universityís set standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned by leadership.
* Is proficient in the uses of the university integrated student database, PeopleSoft, Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Google docs and applications.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Committed to a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values diversity.
* Excellent organizational, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to balance a variety of tasks and demands.
* Knowledge of office operations.
* Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
* Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
* Self-starter with a positive attitude.
* In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
* Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
* Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
* Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
* Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
* Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
* Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.