Job Title: Chase Leadership Development Program: Launching Leaders Experience
Multiple Locations, US United States
Banking, Finance/Economics, Financial Services
Chase Leadership Development Program: Launching Leaders Experience
The Chase Launching Leaders Undergraduate Experience gives talented Black, Hispanic and Native American students studying in the U.S. the opportunity to set out on an amazing career path at Chase with a prestigious summer internship and a potential chance at a scholarship of up to $15,000 – money that goes directly to you. The Scholarship is open to sophomores and juniors from all majors who are interested in financial services and have a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA. The program is designed to recognize you for your outstanding achievements and ambition, and provide you with the experience and knowledge you need to start a career that makes a difference. Chase has a dedicated commitment to offer a diverse and inclusive place to launch and excel in your career.
In order to be considered into the program the Launching Leaders application requires you to complete an essay, topics for the essay are listed below.
If awarded the Scholarship, you automatically receive an offer for the Chase Leadership Development Program Summer Analyst position. The amount of your scholarship will depend on your graduation year.
Sophomore scholarship recipients will receive $5,000. If you do well during the summer program and maintain a 3.2 GPA during the following school year you could earn a returning spot in our summer internship program as a junior and a monetary award of $7,500. If you receive an offer from us for a full-time position and you accept, you will be awarded an additional $2,500.
Junior scholarship recipients will receive $7,500. If you receive an offer from us for a full-time position and you accept, you will be awarded an additional $2,500. If you do not qualify for this particular experience, we encourage you to apply to our various JPMorgan Chase programs which can be found at jpmorganchase.com/careers
As a Chase Launching Leader, you’ll be empowered with the resources and network needed to make an impact in your career as a member of the CLDP. By joining us, you’ll get an inside look at the fast-paced financial services industry, where you’ll see first-hand the innovations and strategies that help us to enhance our businesses and better serve our customers and communities.
Some of the opportunities you’ll have through this program include:
- A first-hand look at our business through presentations and meetings with colleagues
- Rich networking sessions with senior leaders offering professional advice to equip you with helpful career tips you can put into practice
- A network of fellow scholars to help put you on the path to a successful career
- Hands-on experience coupled with training and development opportunities
About Our Chase Leaders and Risk Management Summer Analyst Roles:
The Chase Leaders and Risk Management Summer Analyst program is designed to provide a meaningful experience to undergraduate students in one of our core line of business or functional units. Summer placements may include one of the following areas:
Projects may include using existing data analytics to measure operational effectiveness, business case development for new digital features or functionality, conference planning and project management for high visibility brand, marketing & media initiatives; dashboard creation to track key metrics or assisting with creating/refreshing website content for core Chase products or services.
Summer Analyst Locations
- Columbus, OH
- Wilmington, DE
- New York, NY
- Dallas, TX
- 10-week summer program
What we’re Looking For:
The program is open to Black, Hispanic or Native American students in their sophomore or junior year who attend college/university in the U.S. To participate in the Chase Launching Leaders Undergraduate Experience, you need:
- Demonstrated leadership
- A passion to drive innovation and strategies that help us better serve our customers
- Minimum preferred cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- To have accepted an offer to intern as a Chase Leaders Summer Analyst Permanent U.S. work authorization is required
We are accepting applications from students in a variety of majors, including Business Management, Communications, Consumer Behavior, Marketing, Actuarial Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics or related quantitative or business majors.
Timeline and Application Process Application Deadline:
The deadline for submitting your application with the required attachments is Friday, August 2nd, 2019.
Application Process and Required Attachments:
1) When applying, please do not use an email address from an educational institution and/or of any current employers.
2) Submit your resume. Please make sure your resume does not include an email address from an educational institution and/or of any current employers, include your cumulative GPA.
3) Please also include a cover letter. In the cover letter please note if you are applying to the Risk Management or Chase Leaders Program.
4) Answer the following questions and send along with your resume.
Please save as a PDF file in the following format- First Name Last Name-
• Essay 1 – The financial services industry provides unique opportunities and challenges. Describe why you're interested in and how you are preparing for a career in financial services, and why you'd like to launch your career at Chase. (Max. 500 words)
• Essay 2 – The range of your academic interests, personal perspectives, and life experiences adds to the impact you can individually make on your school and work environments. Describe what special background and attributes distinguish you as a leader who can contribute to diversity at Chase. (Max. 500 words)
5) Ensure your candidate profile and all attachments (Cover letter, resume and essays) are complete before submitting your application, as you will not be able to add attachments after you submit your application. Save all as PDF files and with the following name format: First Name Last Name- Resume, Cover letter, Essay.
After you click 'Apply' the first step of the process will be to create an account and complete out application.
Once you have submitted you application you'll receive an email invitation to complete a series of 12 games through the pymetrics platform.
Pymetrics will allow you to showcase your potential beyond what you tell us in your resume and application form. It's an additional objective data point that helps us gain a better understanding of who you are as an individual. It should take no longer than 20-30 minutes to complete. If you have already completed the pymetrics games, you will have the opportunity to submit your gameplay results from this specific application without having to replay the games.
Your application will not be reviewed until you have completed the pymetrics games. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, background and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Notification and Interviews:
You will receive an email notification about your application status by September. If selected for interviews, you will be required to travel to either our Columbus, OH or Wilmington, DE location within the month of September.
Travel will be provided to you within the continental United States.
If selected you will attend a two day event during the following dates below:
Columbus- Monday, September 9th - Tuesday, September 10th.
Wilmington- Monday, September 23rd - Tuesday, September 24th.
If you do not qualify for this particular experience, we encourage you to apply to our various JPMorgan Chase programs.