Commercial Banking - Launching Leaders Undergraduate Experience
Program Dates: Week of August 12th, exact dates of events will be communicated to attendees once selected
Our Commercial Banking Launching Leaders Conference offers rising juniors(graduating December 2020-May 2021), who self identify as Black, Hispanic, and Native American, a valuable introduction to a successful career in financial services, along with the chance to earn scholarship and summer 2020 internship opportunities.
Our event will provide you with a clear understanding of the way our businesses work and how you can contribute to the team as a summer analyst. Throughout the first day, you will meet with and hear from business representatives and engage in panel discussions, which are all designed to educate you about how we serve our clients. The sessions will prepare you for interviews by giving you the chance to learn about Commercial Banking, ask questions and network with current employees.
About our business
Commercial Banking delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service to U.S. and Canadian clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and nonprofit entities with annual revenue ranging from $20 million to more than $2 billion. We also provide financing to real estate investors and owners.
Commercial Banking offers three summer analyst programs that provide valuable, hands-on work experience.
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) The MMBSI summer analyst program will provide you with foundational skills in client management, credit structuring and product sales. You will work alongside seasoned professionals, building relationships and providing clients with access to our world-class banking solutions
Corporate Client Banking &Specialized Industries (CCBSI) The CCBSI summer analyst program will provide you with an introduction to corporate finance and credit analysis. In a partnership with our corporate bankers and investment bankers, you will work on a team of experienced professionals, leveraging our industry-leading product suite to help our corporate clients grow their businesses and execute on strategic initiative
Commercial Real Estate (CRE) The CRE summer analyst program will provide you with an in-depth look into the real estate industry and Commercial Banking as a whole. You will work alongside nationally-recognized real estate professionals across three sub-verticals, drawing from the full spectrum of the firms resources to develop customized financial solutions to meet client needs. CRE locations include; Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Irvine, New York, Palo Alto
The Commercial Banking Launching Leaders Undergraduate Experience will take place in various cities across the U.S. If you make it through the selection process, you will attend an event based on the location and group preferences you note in the application.
- Application Deadline: July 31st, 2019 at 11:59pm EST
Please note that if selected, you will be required to travel to our offices on dates that will be communicated at a later date. Attendance for the entirety of the event is mandatory. Transportation and hotel accommodations will be provided by J.P. Morgan Chase.
To participate in the Launching Leaders Experience, you'll need to demonstrate intelligence, ambition and an interest in financial services. We're looking for strong communicators with solid analytical, quantitative and technical skills. This is a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, which requires excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
How to register:
- Submit your résumé. Please save as a PDF file with the following name format: Last Name, First Name Resume
- You will be asked to select your program and location preference. You will have the opportunity to select 2 preferences. We have listed the options below.
- HireVue Video Question - Shortly after you submit your application, you will be asked to complete a HireVue Video Question. This virtual interview gives you a chance to tell us a little more about yourself and why you're interested in this event.
Program & Location Preference Options:
- Middle Market Banking Northeast (New York, Boston, D.C. Metro)
- Middle Market Banking Southeast (Atlanta, Charlotte)
- Middle Market Banking South (Dallas, Houston)
- Middle Market Banking Midwest (Chicago, Detroit Metro, Indianapolis)
- Middle Market Banking West (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, Seattle)
- Corporate Client Banking Northeast (New York)
- Corporate Client Banking South (Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Charlotte)
- Corporate Client Banking Midwest (Chicago)
- Corporate Client Banking West (Los Angeles, San Francisco)
- Commercial Real Estate (indicate location preference in Comments section)
Registrants will receive confirmation of attendance by August 9th, 2019.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
The Launching Leaders Undergraduate Experience is open to rising juniors (graduating December 2020-May 2021) from all majors who are interested in Commercial Banking and who are authorized to work permanently in the U.S.