Reports directly to the Dean and is responsible for directing administrative aspects of the School of Education, including oversight of budgets, records, reports, events, and personnel. Collaborates with the associate deans, chairs, and directors concerning the administration of the Schoolís programs and services; serves as Deanís Office liaison to School faculty, staff, and students as well as University internal and external constituencies. Works to help develop vision and implement strategy for improved systems and operations. Supervises staff in Deanís Office.
Masterís degree required. Applicants who do not meet the educational requirement of a Masterís degree may substitute significant work experience in administration.
5+ years of ad ministrative, program management, and/or budget experience showing progressively more responsibility for program development and implementation. Prior supervisory experience of staff is a requirement.
* Coordinates the administrative operations of the School of Education (SoE), providing the Dean with routine and special reports on budget, planning programs, and personnel. Directs Deanís Office staff, coordinating assignments and workflow. Participates in their reviews; chairs regular office staff meetings.
* Serves as confidential assistant to the Dean, oversees the Deanís schedule, appointments, correspondence, and travel. Drafts correspondence, agendas, and other writing projects as requested. Maintains professionalism and a high degree of confidentiality in all matters. May be asked to visit various Regional Campuses with or on behalf of the Dean, to coordinate programs and services for SoE faculty and students at all locations.
* Coordinates the interview and hiring process of fulltime faculty and staff, as well as adjunct faculty for the School. Develops and maintains confidential personnel and financial files.
* Oversees all budgets and provides regular reports to the Dean. Works with the Data Analyst (for Finance and Workloads) to track workload and budget comparative data. Monitors the development of reports to the Dean for internal review, as well as coordinating requests for information for the Provost and other constituents.
* Develops a master calendar of events and meetings for the School, coordinating appropriate information with Associate Deans, Chairs, Program Directors, faculty, and staff, as well as various committees, task forces, and advisory boards to the School.
* Works with the Assistant Dean for Outreach & Engagement and the Events & Communications Coordinator to oversee the events of the School.
* Oversees the facilities management of Azusa offices.
* Develops and implements a training and support plan for SoE support staff.
* Monitors and updates system to fully digitize all records of the Deanís Office.
* Demonstrates strong organizational skills in a fast-paced environment, providing proactive, resourceful, and efficient responses. Assesses the urgency and importance of situations and acts accordingly.
* Demonstrates expert written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, and attention to detail.
* Develop comprehensive SoE staff development process for onboarding new hires, enhancing retention through individualized development, and updating training as new systems (technology, recruiting, etc.) are implemented in SoE and/or the University.
* Work with Dean to annually develop a survey to identify needs and preferences for staff training/development from both staff and their supervisors.
* Serve as support to the SoE Leadership Team (chairs, assistant/associate deans, and dean), both for meetings and key assignments, including enrollment projections, faculty and staff hiring, programming, etc.
* Interface with members of the Leadership Team on behalf of the Dean, with judgment of time and content-sensitive transactions, ensuring prompt and confidential responses on behalf of the Dean's Office.
* Represent the School and Dean to external constituents to ensure good collaboration and problem-solving.
* Assess, propose, and implement new systems to ensure timely and complete projects and solutions.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.