Director - Undergraduate Financial Aid
Manages the financial aid and loan processes for the traditional undergraduate student population. This includes administrative and technical processing of Federal, State, outside and University financial aid awards and loans. Plans and administers the financial aid process to assist students in obtaining financial aid, scholarships and loans. Works closely with Associate and Assistant Director of Financial Aid and the aid and loan officers to insure that all Federal and State regulations are adhered to in the UG office. Manages NCAA compliance process. Manages the institutional aid leveraging model.
* Five - eight years financial aid and loans experience a must.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Leads and directs the efforts of the Undergraduate financial aid and loan staff to accomplish the financial aid/loan distribution, workload in a timely manner.
* Oversees the awarding, revising, editing and auditing programs to insure that Federal, State, Institutional, and outside aid regulations/policies are maintained. Prepares the financial aid department for the annual audit and program reviews.
* Oversees the Undergraduate financial aid process, including dissemination of information, applications, needs-analysis, awarding, document scanning and tracking, and completion of aid packages, loan disbursement transferring funds, and training/staff development.
* Manages the Undergraduate Scholarship budget.
* Manages the institutional aid leveraging model and recommends changes to meet the enrollment goals. Evaluates the weekly reports to monitor the discount rate.
* Develops operational guidelines, procedures and timelines for the Undergraduate financial aid staff and implements ideas, solutions and improvements as needed. Monitors the accuracy of the financial aid staff, making work assignments and providing training as needed.
* Maintains direct responsibility for the financial award processing for Undergraduate students. Works closely with the Undergraduate financial aid staff in developing needs analysis policies and procedures. Resolves complicated needs-analysis situations that involve professional judgment.
* Manages the withdrawal and leave of absences process. Works with the Associate Director of Financial Aid, Assistant Director of Financial Aid and the Financial Aid Officers to coordinate these activities.
* As a part of the Undergraduate Enrollment leadership team, collaborates and sets objectives and goals for financial aid and loans; seeking to improve current processes to effectively serve students in making their educational goals a financial reality. Meets with the Leadership team to strategize and resolve problems that arise within the Department.
* Keeps current on all financial aid regulations and policies by subscribing to list servs, reading all material that is distributed, networking with other financial aid professionals, and attending workshops and seminars (CASFAA, NASFAA, WASFAA, CSAC, DOE, HESUA, USA Funds/Sallie Mae.)
* Keeps office compliant with all Federal and State regulations and the Lender Code of Conduct.
* Coordinates with the leadership team to improve current processes to effectively serve students and to provide good customer service within Financial Aid and Loans.
* Upon referrals from the Student Account Specialists, meets with students/parents to discuss and explain specific financial aid concerns.
* Participates in various committees and other team meetings as assigned by the Associate Vice President.
* Monitors funding for the state Cal Grant program, Federal Work Study and Federal Pell Grant program.
* Monitors the federal Campus-Based Programs (Perkins, FSEOG, Federal Work Study) throughout the academic year, and completes the annual FISAP report.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.