Job Title: Assoc. Director, Military & Vet Outreach
Azusa, CA United States
Assoc. Director, Military & Vet Outreach
The Associate Director of Military and Veteran Outreach is a member of a cross-functional enrollment and student services team that fosters seamless service and support for veteran and military-connected students. The Associate Director serves as the primary representative for Azusa Pacific University (APU) to all prospective veteran and military-connected students, providing counseling and guidance on all university processes and procedures.
* Veteran or military-connected background
* Previous enrollment management or recruitment experience is preferred.
* Demonstrated advancement in leadership roles.
* Demonstrated ability to use technology to improve efficiency, effectiveness and customer service.
* Experience using database systems and data to inform decisions.
Partners and coordinates with all APU Regional Campuses and enrollment offices including Undergraduate and Graduate and Professional to recruit and enroll military connected students.
* Leads university recruitment efforts for veteran and military-connected students to include scheduling, planning, organizing, and confirming details related to all military recruitment efforts.
* Serves as one of the primary points of contact and customer service representatives to prospective military-connected students providing consistent, accurate and timely information
* Meets identified enrollment goals to include inquiry to applicant, applicant to admitted and admitted to enrolled yield goals which directly relate to tuition revenue generation and impact the financial health of the university.
* Partners with academic offices, regional campuses, and the Offices of Military and Veteran Resources and Military and Veteran Benefits to ensure a seamless transition experience
* Conducts outreach activities around each of the APU campus locations to attract and recruit military-connected students
* Stays abreast of trends with veterans and MC students including student development and accommodations.
* Provides a superior level of customer service to MC prospective and current students.
* Provide leadership of all military connected recruitment and outreach initiatives.
* May supervise V.A. Work Study students.
* Maintain records and statistics regarding veteran data and prepare both internal and external reports.
* Ensure compliance with Department of Veteran Affairs and state approving agencies.
* Involvement with MC student events on campus in Azusa or at the Regional Campus locations.
* Develop internal and external communication materials for events and outreach.
* Collaborates with all APU enrollment offices to effectively engage MC student population.
* May attend annual local and national conferences to train on new concepts and best practices.
* Collaborate with the APU Certifying Officials and financial aid personnel to ensure compliance with all federal and state rules and regulations governing veteran student benefits.
* Conduct customized information sessions for veterans that address the availability of resources for the veteran population.
* Required to work each Saturday commencement event (Winter and Spring) each calendar year.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to work very effectively with people, especially active duty military students, veterans, their families, and governmental organizations, such as the Veterans Benefits Administration.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to manage details and multiple assignments.
* Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.