Data Analyst: Student Financials
Serves as the primary departmental data expert responsible for the configuration and daily management of the offices’ technical systems. This position provides the department with a liaison to IT and coordinates the escalation of technical needs as necessary. They support university enrollment managers by providing data analysis and interpretation as required. Secondarily, they assist end users with training and ongoing support.
* Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field.
* 2-5 years of working with higher education related student information systems and/or other related technologies.
* General knowledge of IT systems and troubleshooting client needs.
* Experience in reporting and data analysis.
* SQL experience in an Oracle database environment preferred.
* Experience with Peoplesoft Campus Solutions preferred.
* Primary technical expert and systems resource for the department.
* Technical liaison to the IT department; escalating support needs and partnering on project management and third-party vendor coordination.
* Coordinates with IT regarding system related technical needs such as bundle testing, bug reporting, user support, configuration needs and other concerns within the module.
* Partners with leadership to identify, prioritize and create process improvements that will increase effectiveness and efficiency.
* Supports enrollment managers by creating and/or running queries and analyzes data for scheduled and ad-hoc data requests.
* Responsible for module specific configuration updates related to enrollment, academic, fiscal and regulatory changes.
* Internal consultant to end users providing systems oriented training and the production of training materials such as process and procedure manuals.
* Attends and travels to industry related workshops, conferences and professional development activities that relate to the technical systems employed by the office.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Required to work both Saturday commencement events (winter and spring) each calendar year
* Basic understanding of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
* Ability to identify, analyze, troubleshoot and solve complex technical and functional problems.
* Learn new technical skills quickly and identify resources to assist in that learning
* Work efficiently in designing and implementing technical solutions.
* Translate end-user needs into functional designs.
* Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks and projects at once in a deadline oriented environment.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage details and follow through.
* Collaborative, effective team member and team builder.
* Computer monitor and reading.
* Reading/viewing instructions, documentation, and printed application materials in both physical and digital formats.
The following technologies are typical of the context within which the Data Analyst will work, though this is not an exhaustive list.
The Data Analyst must have experience with, or be able to adapt quickly to:
* Oracle/PeopleSoft for Higher Education (Campus Solutions)
* Reporting tools such as SQL, PS Query, XML Publisher, etc.
* Productivity tools such as Microsoft Office and/or Google Apps.
* Emails tools such as Microsoft Outlook and/or Gmail.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.