Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Mankato Security Hospital Rehabilitation Services at the St. Peter Regional Treatment Facility is expanding, with new opportunities with the Occupational Therapy team. Meaningful work awaits you in this next step of your career as a Certified Occupation Therapy Assistant.
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant will have responsibilities such as:
• Define occupational therapy goals and design a treatment plan in agreement with the patient specific OTR based on the assessment results of patient functioning level established through testing protocol and observation.
• Implement treatment designed to improve functional skill levels of patients by conducting individual and group therapeutic activities.
• Compile and evaluate data of patient progress to develop an information base for use in treatment planning.
•Implement OT field work experiences for OTA students.
• Maintain appropriate credentials and remain current on professional trends.
• Utilize therapeutic motivational techniques.
Qualifications & Requirements Certification as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant