Architectural Services, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Consulting Services, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Legal, Research & Development, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
IT Enterprise Cloud Architect
IT Enterprise Cloud Architect
Date:Feb 13, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Requisition ID: 21546
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
At NextEra Energy, our people are our greatest asset. Come join our fast-paced, innovative technology team in expansion. The team is seeking an Enterprise Architect to help with defining strategy and evaluating tools for our Cloud practice. In this role you will you use your excellent communication and presentation skills (whether delivering to technical or business audiences) to make sound decisions based on key business drivers (not just technical concerns), and be a champion of change (challenging the status quo), to promote and foster continuous IT improvement and Innovation, with strong ability to mentor others. You will be responsible for development tools, technology evaluation principles and practices, and developing proof of concepts using your enterprise methodology frameworks experience such as TOGAF, AGILE, Waterfall and SDLC.
Highly desired qualifications include:
* Demonstrated experience with Enterprise class software development for n-tier platforms both cloud based and on premise
* Proven and recognized technical expert in multiple areas including development of strategy for: commercial application delivery, high volume transaction/event processing systems, DBMS (Relational and NoSQL), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), application development with traditional, mobile, and Web technologies - cloud and on premise
* Commercial RDBMS such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, and AWS, as well as Commercial NoSQL such as Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra, and AWS
* Docker/microservices/Web Services, EAI, Cloud Computing, PaaS, and Analytics/ Reporting on Mobile devices (Windows, iOS & Android)
* LAMP stack – Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl/PHP/Python, other open source, and Statistical Platforms such as R, SAS
* Current understanding of the electric utility business direction, with an end-to-end view of business and technology
This position develops and maintains high-level design plans for overall logical and technical IT architecture. Employees in this role provide leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision-making through the project planning level. Employees in this role are top-level experts and visionaries, responsible for the development of strategy and design of an assigned technology or for the network or infrastructure components to support that strategy.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Gains organizational commitment for all high-level architecture plans
• Initiates and participates in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans
• Produces documented frameworks, architectures and plans how to manage the implementation and integration of a technical environment
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001)
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market:Miami