Manager - Dining Services (S1006)
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Maintains overall management responsibilities for the foodservice unit/establishment. Directs, coordinates, and participates in preparation of, cooking, wrapping, or packing types of food serviced or prepared by establishment cash handling from in-house or take-out customers, or assembly food orders. Coordinates activities of workers engaged in keeping business records, collecting and paying accounts, ordering or purchasing supplies, and delivery of food/beverage to retail customers.
* High School diploma
* ServSafe Certification
* At least 5 yearsí experience in high volume quick service food establishment, university experience preferred
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Assists in the preparation of the budget and development of short- term financial and operational plans for the unit that supports the overall objectives of Dining Services.
* Completes and posts the daily or weekly shift work assignment schedule for all personnel in the designated location. Monitors and verify payroll hours for all direct reports. Maintain and monitor state and federal mandated break times. (Resources and Planning).
* Observe all personnel at the beginning of work shift for compliance with appearance and uniform standards. (Interpersonal, Information, and Food Management).
* Verbally informs personnel of any menu or price changes, shortages, specials, or other factors that relate to food/beverage production or service. (Interpersonal, Information, Systems, and Food Management).
* Checks food/beverage preparation and dining areas for cleanliness and proper presentation. Checks stations for adequacy of supplies used for refill or replacement purposes. (Resources, Information, and Food Management).
* Supervises food/beverage preparation and service operations while on duty. Assists counter servers and food/beverage production workers during rush periods to ensure the maintenance of foodservice efficiency. (Information, Systems, Interpersonal, Resources, and Food Management).
* Assists counter servers in greeting customers, taking orders, ringing food/beverage purchases into cash registers, collecting payment from customers and making change, assembling order and checking for completeness and correctness, and packing orders for on premise or take-out dining. (Information, Systems, Interpersonal, Technology, and Customer Services).
* Participates in preparation, cooking, and wrapping of food/beverages. (Systems, Resources, Technology, Interpersonal, and Food Management).
* Regulatory audits area to assess and correct safety and HACCP hazards.
* Collects and reviews daily and weekly business reports completed by shift and assistant managers for compliance with standards, to track and forecast sales, to determine cash flow, and to plan purchase of supplies and food/beverage. Uses available technology in generation and analysis of reports. (Information, Resources, Systems, Technology, and Business Management).
* Coordinates and supervises the cleaning and maintenance of the facilities and equipment. (Resources, Information, Systems, Interpersonal, Facilities Management, and HACCP).
* Interview, hire, train, evaluate, and terminates personnel.
* Identifies and contacts prospective customers to promote sale of prepared foods.
* Establishes delivery routes and schedules. Coordinates and supervises the delivery of food/beverage to retail customers. (Resources, Information, Systems, Interpersonal, and Food Management).
* Maintains compliance with APU mission, vision, positional statements and other policies and procedures.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements Please See Job Description