Job Title: Program Director, Criminal Justice (F640)
San Bernardino, CA United States
Program Director, Criminal Justice (F640)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelorís, masterís and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Program Director of Criminal Justice (Half-time)
Position Tracking Number: F640
School/College: School of Behavioral & Applied Sciences
Department: Criminal Justice
Location: Inland Empire Regional Campus (San Bernardino, CA)
The Department of Criminal Justice seeks a part-time program director to join a fast growing, vibrant professional undergraduate program at the Inland Empire Regional Campus. Criminal Justice is a much needed field of study serving students who plan to enter criminal justice professions and those who seek to understand more about the criminal justice system and recent critiques of that system. Criminal Justice is an exciting major that enhances critical thinking as you discuss the most timely and socially critical topics.
The professional bachelorís degree program in criminal justice serves post-traditional students, aimed at (but not limited to) those students who have completed 30 units of general education coursework and need to complete their BA degree. The program director is responsible for the overall marketing, recruitment/retention and administration of the program. Ideal applicants will have experience in recruitment/enrollment, program administration, and seek to grow the program through partnerships with the local community.
* Serve as the point person for the recruitment and retention of students to the program.
* Responsible for overall program administration.
* Coordinate with Graduate and Professional staff members to coordinate with recruiting and admissions events/activities.
* Advise and mentor students.
* Coordinate professional program course scheduling
* Support student success and retention by working with other team members, while maintaining confidentiality of vital information.
* Serve on University committees as assigned.
* May be needed to work at alternative sites.
* Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or Dean.
Qualifications: Masterís degree in a related field required.
Experience: Preferred experience includes:
* Experience in recruitment and/or enrollment
* Experience in program/public administration
* Experience in criminal justice professional settings is a plus (not required)
* Competent ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds, first generation college students, and post traditional students
* A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University
Workload: 12-month, half-time faculty position in criminal justice.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
* Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
* Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
* Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
* Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
Qualifications & Requirements Please see job description